Meet Your Wine Country Expert
PROFESSIONAL EVENT PLANNER
CM Destinations & Consulting is the leading wine country trip planning partner for those seeking unique and memorable adventures. Owner, Christine McMillan is your local guide to all things Napa and Sonoma.
Christine McMillan has a background in corporate event planning, economic development, business development for non-profit organizations and was a long time Restauranteur in St. Augustine, Florida. She has also planned national conferences for the U.S. Army, The Cathedral Ministry Conference, three-day music festivals, corporate meetings and weddings.
Christine was raised in Florida, graduated from Florida State University, and lived in several states before moving back to Florida. In 2010 the family moved to Napa, California, their favorite place on earth. They had fallen in love with the wine country areas of Sonoma and Napa during bi-annual visits to discover small-production wines for their 3 restaurants. Christine has local experience as a tour operator, concierge, Winery Tasting Room Manager, Wine Club Manager, and Events Director. Just ask her and her staff to plan your wine country trip, including lodging, transportation, wineries, dinners, and adventures!
CM Destinations are your boots on the ground to match you to the latest and greatest. Contact to give us information about your desired trip or call (707) 927-8108.
LeAnne grew up in Southern Oregon moving to California in 1989. She crisscrossed the country, living in 5 states in 5 short years, including California, Georgia twice, Hawaii, and Oregon. Her children have grown and she loves spending time educating guests on the offerings and different ways of getting to know wine country. LeAnne has been a part of the Napa Valley community since 2008. She dove into the pool of attaining winery knowledge like a kid with no fear of swimming. It is always fun to plan your wine country trip with LeAnne. She knows what is hot and what is not! Her easy way of chatting with you will have you giggling and making decisions on the finer points of your trip.
We bring Wine Country to YOU!
Host a Winery in your home for a Napa/Sonoma Experience:
CM Destinations will bring a Napa or Sonoma experience to your home, no matter where in the US you live. This private tasting format can be whatever style you choose, from formal to a casual and lively
We will submit a list to the host of wine descriptions and prices from several very small production wineries. Choose one brand that produce the wines varietals, prices and styles that you and your guests are most interested. This private tasting format can be whatever style you choose, from formal to a casual and lively interaction. Consider heavy appetizers, a BBQ, a seated tasting with small bites paired with each wine or a formal multi course wine dinner. Whatever fits your personality and your group is fine.
What we will supply and do & what we expect from our hosts
- A representative of the chosen winery will travel to your area. There will be no charge for their transportation, lodging or dining. If you would like to offer them lodging, that is kind and appreciated, but completely at your discretion.
- The representative will welcome your guests, host an educational tasting of the wines with fabulous information about the Northern California Wine Country and take orders for wine and Wine Club Memberships. The duration of the tasting will be determined by the style of event you choose. (90 minutes to 3 hours)
- Decide on a location for your event. Any food or catering expense are the host’s responsibility. (Home, Country Club, Private room in a Restaurant, etc.) This is a “Direct to Consumer” event, so a formal wine dinner in a restaurant, requiring a wholesale account and wines to be sold through the restaurant, is not desired.
- Invite your friends and colleagues. Share with them your excitement for the winery. Be clear that this is an opportunity to taste and purchase from a small production wine from the famous Napa or Sonoma Valley!
- The goal is to sell at least 12 cases of wine. So, invite people you know will enjoy and purchase the wine. Ask each couple to purchase at least 6 – 12 bottles during the event and to consider the wine club. Be sure to over invite. There are always a few last-minute cancellations. (illness, babysitter issues) 10-15 couples seem to be the right number of guests. But, you know your friends, so invite enough people to make your goal.
- Follow up a few days before the event to remind them about the time and location.
- The host commits to purchasing the remaining number of bottles if the guests do not purchase the entire 12 cases. If you have any questions, please reach out to Christine McMillan, (707) 927-8108. We look forward to meeting your friends and enjoying a Napa or Sonoma Experience in your home.
“I highly recommend using CMD as your concierge, and get ready for one of the most special and unique trips ever. Thank you Christine and Team!”
“Our group of executives needed a space to meet for 3 days… CM Destinations planned everything and was on site to ensure everything went smoothly!”
“My girlfriends and I hired CM Destinations to plan our relaxed girls getaway. It was glorious… We look forward to doing this again!”